Covid-19 lessons learned
Dr. Ihor Kuzin, Acting Director General of Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, summarized the changes that should be implemented in the government system to secure a more effective response to crises, similar to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- To increase the level of citizens` confidence in official messages.
- Appropriate work and regular testing of legal and financial mechanisms for intersectoral and interagency cooperation.
- Adjusting the reform program of the state’s healthcare system and epidemiological surveillance.
- Improving social sphere capacity to ensure social guarantees, payments for forced unemployment, home assistance, etc.
- To establish more flexible regulatory sphere in order to amend efficient legislation during a crisis.
- To create opportunities for the domestic production development with the purpose of reducing country's dependence on foreign supplies at the time of forced isolation.
- To adopt some centralized IT solution for tracing contacts of COVID-19 positive people.
In addition, Igor Kuzin noted that "the decentralized model of crisis response to the pandemic has proved its ineffectiveness, therefore the management vertical is being restored, which will ensure further country's epidemiological security".
Israeli-Ukrainian Alliance becomes new consulting partner for Export Promotion Office of Ukraine
In its new role within the Export Promotion Office the Alliance will assist Ukrainian business in entering Israeli market
Sourcing services for international importers by the Office of Export Promotion
the Office of Export Promotion offers free sourcing services for international businesses wishing to cooperate or coproduce with Ukrainian producers of components, goods, and services
IUA about business prospects for Ukrainian exporters
On February 23, "GO ISRAEL: Free Trade Area of Ukraine with Israel: new opportunities and prospects for business" webinar will be held for Ukrainian exporters and manufacturers to demonstrate benefits of Free Trade Agreement with Israel.